I got a call from my friend Cecil Ledesma a little while ago who asked me for my first impression of the Treo 650. I had to tell him that I don't have mine yet-- I'll probably get it within the next week. I was able to tell him, however, that Treo 650 Updater 1.08 for the Sprint PCS-version of the Treo 650 was actually released by palmOne the other day. Here are the features:
- Overall voice quality improvements and enhanced call clarity
- Internal setting modification to allow correct access to Sprint Affiliate roaming partner networks (previously released as Sprint PCS Treo 650 Roaming Patch)
- Optimizes memory handling and frees up more memory with non-volatile file system improvements
- TTY (also known as TDD or Text Telephone) optimizations and improvements
- Optimizations for data calls
- Includes VersaMail 3.0c which provides greater stability and improvements
- Bluetooth Carkit drivers are now included in ROM (previously released as Carkit Update for Treo 650)
[ Feature list courtesy of palmOne. ]
The most consistent complaint I've heard about the Treo 650 on Sprint PCS has been "call sound quality", so this update will be welcomed. There's still no support for the Dial Up Networking (DUN) profile, but that's got to be on the nice-to-haves list for Sprint users at this point.
If you are looking for a Treo 650 and are considering Sprint PCS as your carrier, this update makes the choice a bit easier to justify.